10.25.2010

In that Moment

Life takes many twists and turns. Sometimes when you start out on a journey you have to wonder what in the world God is up to. Why would he send me to China twice, have me adopt the second time out of birth order, older child adoption...and stretch my heart, mind and soul beyond what I could ever fathom? I think if we could get a glimpse of how the ending or middle sometimes would turn out, it would help us deal with the questions from the beginning. Clearly, I never dreamed I'd have four kids, let alone two would be from China. Now that I'm here, I know that it was God's perfect plan for me to be a Mother four times. I'm glad I was obedient to his calling regardless of how hard it has been to get me to this place. Wow!! Those words have not been easy to come by!!

You worry and stress and love and bond and just keep keeping on...and then in a single moment...your have an epiphany. The light bulb goes on and you realize that God chose her for this specific purpose. He chose her for our family. There she was in Praise and Worship yesterday with her hands held high...without being prompted...by her own choice. I had the opportunity to explain to her why I believed in God this past week. Her Aunt Carrie was planning on taking her to Judgement House and I wanted her to hear the details about salvation from me, in terms I knew she would understand, as we are still only 10 months into her learning English. Her birth parents were Atheists, by her own admission. I stressed to her that she would attend church while she lived with us, but we would never force her to believe in God, it was her choice and between her and God. I was adamant about that. Judgement House made an impact on her and I'm thankful that Carrie wanted to take her for a girl's nite out so they could go together. With her hands raised in worship and as she was singing her heart out...I began to cry like a baby watching my baby girl...love God. I'm thankful for all the hard moments that lead us to her, and I'm soo glad that I didn't miss out on this very special young lady in my life. My life has been changed forever because I've had the opportunity to love her. Really, the miracle of adoption isn't always easy, but it is soooo worth it. I'm also thankful that I get the opportunity to see God's Sovereignty...because His plan is unfolding before my eyes.

We joke with KateLin about hiding from us in China. We ask her why she hide so far from us...and made us search and come soo far to get her? She knows we are joking and she is always has a smile on her face...as we tell her, she could have been on the moon and we'd have still came after her. Still I marvel at, she was designed for this specific purpose and God, with all his sovereignty, planned it specifically for us. He knew the power of two adoptions would become four and four would become six. On Sunday, I cried happy tears, tears of joy...tears that finally remembered everything I had been through to get me to where we are now...was specifically planned for that moment. The moment where Caragan praises God for all He's done for her. Really, that's what it's all about!

Another funny from Logan: Lance was asking Logan and Caragan about the types of cars they like for future reference when they start driving. Logan proclaimed that he will be driving Old Grey. Old Grey is a 1989 model Ford F150 that my brother drove when he was in High School. Rob was none too easy on the Old Grey Mare...as we call her. LOL. It's needs a paint job...and lots of dent and dings worked out. She's OLD. LOL. Lance said "Son, the girls ain't gonna want to ride with you in that". Logan said, "Dad, if they ride with me in that then I know they there for me"!! Hmmmm! He has a point there! LOLOLOLOL!! I think he may already have a few things figured out and be smarter than I am...most days. Gotta love that he already gets it...at 12. Plus, he is hilarious to boot.

1 comment:

  1. Very true! On all accounts. Well said Babe! I love experiencing this with our family.
    LYMI
    Lance

    ReplyDelete