7.01.2011

My KATE

Yang ZhiJun...born 07/07/2005 ...to be KateLin Hope Zhi Wallace. Hmmmm! My Kate...she's almost six years old and it's been four years since we caught our first glimpse of WOMAN as she has been known to call herself. I actually thought she had the most gorgeous lips when i first saw her. I had flashbacks of that first sight of her photos online that day late in June the other day when she wanted to wear some of my lipstick. We had waited so long to receive her referral and through many twists in turns...she was right there before us in photos online. This lil girl has transformed before our very eyes into the most outgoing, fun loving lil person you can imagine. She loves to sing and dance and draw. A far cry mind you from coaxing her first smiles out of her those first 24 hours in China. She was withdrawn, still wobbling when walking at 2 years old...and definitely an introvert. NOT ANYMORE!! She got Cheerleader of the day at Cheer Camp this year. She has started being giving and compassionate too. KateLin will go to get candy, which she has always loved and offer it to others before indulging herself. Her hair is long (we waited a long time for that)...and her birthmark only a slight blue still on her left cheek. She is tall and skinny and has the longest fingers. This lil girl has brought so much joy to my life. I am so thankful that God took me all the way around the world for her. I call her my Kate for short...also because her personality is just like her Aunt Kadee, her namesake. The past 3.5 years have gone by in a blur, but it's been a happy chaos. She is my Girly Girl that loves dresses and painting her nails, wearing makeup and is a clothes fanatic. I hope she has an AMAZING sixth birthday next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment